Updates

The river of posts is slowing to a trickle. I have lots of work to accomplish as my year draws to a close. Sorry folks. I'll try to keep updating as often as possible.
Monday, April 26, 2010

The Masochistic Willingness to Give in to Advertisements and Believe the Lifestyles and Attitudes They Project are Actually Realistic.

I make fun of the commercials I see on a daily basis. Knowing that the ideals advertisers preach are ridiculous and ineffective is one of the few pleasures I have in this world. So it's easy to imagine how much it breaks my balls to hear friends and acquaintances spew commercial jargon back at me during conversation. First off, I don't understand this whole “on-the-go" lifestyle that everyone is apparently living. Do we really need things like yogurt in a squeeze bottle or can we just sit down and take the one and a half minutes it takes to eat a yogurt? Some things are just not made to be done on-the-go. For example, If you need to carry your dog around in a little tote bag with little doggie bowls so you can feed him while you’re out and about, you need to plan your day better. Your dog is not a possession or a fashion accessory. Leave your dog at home, or I will take his adorable face and crush it over your head.


This dog is not content being dragged on your back. Get a leash, you simpleton.


And what is with all the husband-bashing in commercials? It's mainly in tile and carpeting ads. The wife will give the husband a simple chore or instruction and he always fucks it up. Then the wife smiles and shakes her head, while she of course takes the right course of action. What the fuck is that about? Since when did the age-old practice of belittling women in order to confine them to the domestic sphere get reversed? One more thing on this. Can somebody explain to me this new sentiment of "owing things to yourself" You owe it to yourself to get new carpets. Treat yourself with our luxury premium select gourmet all-natural low carb zero calorie anti-oxidant cheese puffs. This shit needs to stop. We don't owe anything to ourselves; this type of thought only furthers the widespread epidemic of American greed. You see this sentiment in a lot of car commercials. Like Bob Rohrman’s auto empire TV spots. If I ever meet Bob Rohrman I am punching him right in the face. His commercials make me want to commit suicide with an old rusty spoon

.

0 comments:


About Me

HitpasComedy
Chicago, IL, United States
A writer/voice of a generation
View my complete profile

Followers

Milking the Social Networking Cow

Check me out on Facebook:

http://oork.com/p45tx

And sadly I'm on Twitter as well:


Email me any suggestions or threats at

timhitpas@gmail.com